Every ounce of me wants to hold onto clear skies, lakefront bike rides, and Millennium Park concerts and never let them go. But, chilly gusts of wind and the sight of changing leaves serve as a reminder that Fall is relentlessly making its way to the Windy City. I brewed this simple mixed berry lemonade to take a few more sips of summer.
BREWED MIXED BERRY LEMONADE
makes 6 cups
1 c frozen strawberries*
1 c frozen blueberries*
6 c water
3 juicy lemons
1/2 c sugar (add 1/4c at a time to taste)
* OR combine 2c total of your favorite frozen berries
– In a large jug, combine frozen strawberries, blueberries, and water. Cover with a lid and place in the fridge for one hour.
– Remove jug from fridge, shake, and set outside of fridge to brew for one more hour.
– Add the juice of lemons.
– Strain berries and press out all of the extra juice.
– Add sugar. Stir until dissolved.
– Pour a glass and enjoy!